Thursday, February 1, 2007

New Job, New Semester

Hello again! So we're both really excited about having this site now to stay connected with everyone out there. I've been wanting to post for a couple of days, but I wanted to wait to hear the news about a potential job for Sarah. Well, the verdict is in and....I am now married to the newest member of the Wake Forest Chick-fil-a marketing team. Sarah will be working as an "Outside Sales Representative." That basically means she will be in charge of contacting potential clients for catering and then she will be driving a ridiculous "cow car" (a 4-runner with cow spots, ha ha). You can definitely pray for her to do well in this job. The guy she'll be working for is totally cool, and I think she's gonna be a great fit in this position. It pays pretty good and it will afford us Insurance and hopefully a new (used) car, which is another HUGE thing that everyone can pray for us about. Our cars are hanging on by a thread and it's about time to put them out to pasture, ha.

As for me, I'm in full-swing now with school. I am taking 5 classes: English, History of the Sixties, World Cultures and Religions, Christian Theology 2, and History of Ideas (philosophy). This kind of course load means that I will be stuck in a book most of my waking time for the next 15 weeks. If I'm not reading, I'll be writing papers; I have a billion due this semester. I am still working at the school, looking forward to a promotion at the end of the semester that will just about double my pay, praise the Lord!

It has snowed here twice in the month and it has been lovely! Wake Forest is already such a beautiful town, but when the view is dusted with snow, everything looks so much better. As soon as Sarah uploads the pictures from her camera, we'll be posting those, so be on the lookout.

We love you all!!
Ben and Sarah Niemann <><
Therefore, gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, "Be holy for I am holy."
1 Peter 1.13-16

1 comment:

Alison & Beau said...

Congratulations on the new job, guys! I LOVE that Sarah will be driving around in a cow car! But hey, keep up that beautiful graphic design work too ;)
-luv, Alison