Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New Job, New Home... Boy oh Boy

So as of January 5th, I will be serving as Youth Pastor at Aviator Church in Derby, KS. I am super pumped about having a job that I love in a church that I am excited about. BUT... it's so far away from everything that is comfortable to me. I have lived out west before, but not since I was a little kid. I am cozy and comfortable here in Wake Forest and the carnal side of me doesn't want to go.


But guess what... Aviator Church is awesome! It is totally worth uprooting my comfortable life and moving 1500 miles away. 

Things all happened pretty fast. I took the job last Tuesday and we move on Jan 3rd. That gives Sarah and me a little over a month to wrap up everything here, pack our junk, and relocate. 

Both of our moms have already had a good cry over the whole thing and Sarah and I have both freaked out a little bit, but we're ok. I think Robert, Sarah's brother, may come out and live with us this summer. That would make things a lot easier for us, having some family around to soften the blow.

Be praying for us as we go through this transition. God has totally provided and shown Himself to be a major part of everything that's going on, so we're not the least bit scared about starting this new chapter. A little nervous, but not scared.

One day, I will post more about how everything went down, but not today.

Love you guys!
Ben <><

2 comments:

adamandjeremy said...

major congrats!
it was great seeing sarah last weekend. ben, you suck. j/k! i know it can be tiring, so you're off the hook for not coming to visit.
we hope y'all get to come visit on your way out west.

Lisa said...

If you ever want to visit your ol' pal out in Denver...we are still here!