Monday, October 20, 2008

God is good!!

So recently, I think God has been trying to teach me a few lessons. Sometimes, it takes me a while to get it, but this time, He's making it clear. He is my provider...period. 


A few examples: Not too long ago, our car was broken into and a very expensive video camera was stolen. It didn't belong to us, and we were going to have to replace the camera (which was WAY too expensive for us to do). Without us asking, our church flipped the bill. Within a couple of days, the entire situation was rectified without us having to stress about it at all.
Then, on Tuesday of last week, I lost my job. I wasn't fired, I was "let-go" for financial reasons. I was working at the church on the facilities crew, but the budget didn't really allow for them to have as many people on staff as they hoped. Since I was the last hired, I was the first gone. It was a terrible situation and I really started to stress out again, because we're hoping to leave this crazy town around the new-year and I didn't think that any sane employer would hire me for 2 months knowing that I might be leaving. But the Lord showed up again and by Thursday, I had a job. The Olde English Tea Room (where Sarah was a waitress for a while) needed a dishwasher. It's not the most glamorous job, but it will pay the bills. And it actually worked out for both me and the owner of the restaurant, because she just lost her dishwasher on Tuesday. 

I could probably name a few more, but it's good to know that God is behind us! There have been a few times now where we've started to stress out about things like finances, only to see little bits of extra work come in to help. God has definitely been good to us and it looks like He might have a few more things in store!

My God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus
-Philippians 4:19

-Ben <><

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You guys are planning on moving? That's news to us! What's up? Keep us posted...we're out of the loop since we're not in class anymore with everyone!