Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A couple of things...

So last night the world witnessed one of the greatest basketball games of all time in the NCAA Championship game. The Kansas Jayhawks weren't in any way a dominant force, but they came out on top and celebrated a national championship! The best news for me is that I called it!! That's right, my bracket had KU winning the whole thing and it happened. I finished in the 99.5 percentile in the nation with my bracket and finished first place in the SEBTS challenge. I won a $50 gift certificate to Dick's Sporting Goods. I already know what I want to buy...

Which brings me to my second topic. I have come to the realization that I will be 30 before too much longer and it's time for me to start getting my health back in order. I am by no means obese, but I have put on at least 40 lbs. since high school. I have past the point where I can say it's muscle mass, so it's time to take action. I've been running and working out lately. My money is going to a Nike+ kit which will begin tracking my progress for me. It's a great idea from Nike and Apple (it goes with my iPod). If you've never heard of it, you should check it out.

So here's where I need your help. Any time you see me, talk to me, e-mail me, or whatever, ask me if I'm keeping up with my workout. I am a great starter, but I need help to stay motivated. I will start to chart my weight loss with a system of + or - for how much I've changed. So as of today, I will say I am at zero and then if I lose 5lbs, I'll call it -5. That way, I don't have to tell everyone my embarrassing body weight. I'll probably update that every time I post, since I usually post about once every week or two.

That's about it for now.
Peace,
Ben <><

No comments: