Saturday, February 9, 2008

events of the day

Ben asked me to come over and say a few words...

Today's been semi-eventful.

It's Saturday, so we both slept in - Ben a little longer than me. I got up and did "The Firm" - I may be skinny, but I am in no kinda shape. I could only do the aerobics stuff for less than 15 minutes. But, hey, I did it. I really want to get in the habit of doing something active at least a few times a week. Being a graphic designer leaves you sitting in front of a computer for hours on end, so I have to make myself do something so I don't melt away. I've been really tired lately, for no apparent reason, so hopefully exercise will help rememdy that.

I went to a movie with my friend, Laurie Couch, & her sister, Michelle, who's in town visiting. We saw 27 Dresses - it was pretty cute. I had Junior Mints & Dr. Pepper. Mmmmmm... it was a HUGE box of JMs - and when we left the theater, the leftovers ALL spilled into my purse. It was lovely. :) Fortunately, only one or two got squished, and on nothing important. If you've ever seen my purse/"sack of wonders," you'll understand that it did take quite a lot of searching & unpacking to be sure I got them all back into the box. Quite an adventure.

Then I went to Target. I love that place. I finally had a prescription filled for some extra-strength fluoride stuff that my dentist gave me like 2 months ago. I have very soft & cavity-proned teeth apparently, so I need it. Then I bought a bunch of groceries... half of which were things to make dishes for our Sunday School potluck tomorrow. Pretty excited about that - loads of really good homemade food for cheap is always exciting. I'm taking my grandmother's "Book Club" dessert, & my mom's potato casserole. Figured I can't go wrong with food my mothers have been making since before I was born. They're both huge faves in the menu options of my family.
And of course, I'm trying to get into the habit of eating more fruits & veggies, so I bought apples, plums, green peppers, mushrooms, & salad stuff. Speaking of fruit - I LOVE fresh pineapple... we got one last week. It was delish!

After checking out at Target, I went to get gas. No debit card. Crap... went back to Target. The card machine at my register was down, so the girl had to swipe it for me & neither of us realized until I was long gone, that she hadn't handed it back to me. I was so relieved that it was actually still inside the store, & I hadn't dropped it in the parking lot or anything.

So, now, well, I'm writing this blog, but I was making the stuff for the potluck tomorrow - potatoes are boiling & the crust for "BC" is in the oven! Yum, yum.

Hope you enjoyed learning about what I did today... I gotta go finish working on my dishes & figure out what we're doing for dinner. Lots 'o cookin' going on in the Niemann kitchen tonight. :)

peace,
Sarah <><

No comments: