Friday, May 4, 2007

Always in Awe

This morning as I was reading through some Scriptures, I found an old note in my Bible that caught my attention. Psalm 8 is really where I took the name "Always_in_awe" from for my blog account, so I thought I would share that with you. The Psalm starts out with a description of how great God is:

"Oh LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens." (8:1)

Then it goes on to describe the response of man to this realization of God:

"When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place," [and this is where it gets really good] "What is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?" (8:3-4)

Sometimes when I read through the Bible, I forget to think about the fact that God created the heavens, the sun, and the moon. Yet, he is mindful of ME! He thinks about me! It's amazing to think about how big and spectacular the sun is as a created object, and yet, we humans are so much more complex and detailed than the sun. In the created order, God used a lot of care weaving us together. We are valuable in God's eyes, no doubt about it.
The Psalm ends with a reverberating declaration:

"Oh LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!" (8:9)

Remember today how great God truly is!

I love you all!!
Ben <><

3 comments:

adamandjeremy said...

hello Niemanns!
hope all is well out in Youngsville. are you still planning on coming out to the mountains for a little get away? bring it on! our guestroom is always open. hope to talk with you soon.
in the meantime if you're bored:
themelbergs.blogspot.com
adamandjeremy.blogspot.com

adamandjeremy said...

whoops. i mistyped one of those links. it should be melberglife.blogspot.com

adamandjeremy said...

any chance you are headed to sumter for thanksgiving?